Tours, talks and workshops
Make the most of your visit with a guided tour, a talk or a workshop with one of our experts.
Explore CAT’s history, renewable energy systems, organic gardens and sustainable architecture guided by a member of the CAT staff. Tours last one hour.
Discover more about CAT’s unique and sustainable water systems, woodlands and renewable energy technologies with one of CAT’s experts.
* Note that some tours take place at set times during the main school holidays, and are included in the entrance price. Please check the What's On section or phone for details prior to your visit. Tours at other times can be booked at the rates given below.
We also offer specialised tours of specific aspects of our site, tailored to your requirements and delivered at the appropriate level.
• a tour of our of our extensive beds and polytunnels for gardening enthusiasts, delivered by a CAT gardener.
• a tour on solar, wind and hydro power for a community group, delivered by a CAT lecturer.
• a “behind the scenes” tour of our various biomass heating systems for a company group, delivered by a CAT engineer.
Whatever your area and level of interest, we will try and provide the right tour for you. See below for prices and contact details.
Talks and workshops
In addition to guided tours, we offer talks and workshops. With 40 years of experience in the field of sustainable technology and a wide and expanding programme of short and university courses, we can cover a wide range of topics at levels appropriate for different audiences, from the general public to PhD-level.
Examples for talks and workshops are:
• presentations on CAT’s Zero Carbon Britain scenario
• talks on solar panels and wind turbines for householders
• lectures on reed bed sewage treatment for council officers
• hands-on workshops on site assessment for solar energy projects
Note: We may also be able to deliver the talks and workshops described above elsewhere in the UK. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this option.
Tours, talks and workshop prices
• Guided tour prices
£90 for 1.5 hours approximately incl. VAT
£120 for 2 hours approximately incl. VAT
(Prices may vary if a specific tour is required outside of usual subject areas)
• Talk prices
£75 for 1 hour approximately incl. VAT
(Prices may vary if a specific talk is required outside of usual subject areas)
• Workshop prices
£60 per hour approximately incl. VAT
(Prices may vary if a specific worksop is required outside of usual subject areas)
Please note that fees for tours, talks or workshops are in addition to entrance fees to CAT’s visitors’ centre.
We can accept payment by cash or credit card, either on the day or per invoice before or after your visit. If you prefer, we can send a single invoice covering both entrance and tour fees. We can also arrange lunch or refreshments for you in our vegetarian restaurant – please let us know if you are interested.
To request a tour, or if you have further questions, please contact the Education department.
Restoring Ancient Woodland to Mid-Wales with Adam Thorogood
The Woodland Trust's Adam Thorogood will talk us through restoring ancient woodland to the UK and Wales with stunning examples of success in the landscape surrounding CAT.
5th April 2017
5pm – Café open
7pm – Talk begins
This talk is FREE